[Nfbv-potomac-announce] Auction Action

John Halverson johnh50 at verizon.net
Sun May 15 15:21:23 UTC 2016

Greetings Colleagues:

The time for our fund raising auction is rapidly approaching.  We plan to
raise money to assist with the training of blind persons in the use of
social media and Apple products.  As well as   other worthwhile projects
such as youth transition assistance and participation in the Arlington
County Fair.

To this end, let's obtain items from local businesses for auction or offer
an item you can contribute to the cause.  If each of us obtains just two or
more gift cards or other items from businesses you patronize this will be an
extremely successful fund raiser.

Also, please bring friends and or relatives so they may share in the fun and
help us raise funds.

For your convenience I am again attaching a copy of our solicitation letter
and proof of 501(C)3 status.  You may wish to print these documents and
present them to local businesses.  The solicitation letter has been altered
to include our tax identification number.

The auction fund raiser is scheduled for June 11, 2015, from 3:00 to 7:00 PM
at the Turnberry Towers Condominium in Rosslyn.

The $30 cost provides great catered  food as well as coffee and ice tea.
For those who want something stronger, wine and beer will be available.

However, the best reasons to attend, are to enjoy fellowship with your
friends and help us raise funds for our important work.

I am very much looking foreword to joining with you on June 11.

Sincerely,

John Halverson, President
Potomac Chapter, National Federation of the Blind

Attachments