[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Telephone Board Meeting and Standing Committees

John Halverson jwh100 at outlook.com
Sat Jun 1 14:57:46 UTC 2019

Good Morning,

The Potomac Chapter met in a brief telephone board  meeting on Thursday evening of May 30.

Below are minutes followed by a reminder about chapter standing committees.

The rescheduled telephone board meeting of the Potomac Chapter of the NFB of Virginia came to order at approximately 7:36 PM with seven members present on the call.

John announced that a representative from the Arlington Department of Transportation will come to the June 13 chapter meeting to discuss eBikes and eScooters. He will present for ten to fifteen minutes and then will entertain comments and questions.

 Before embarking across the pond, John will send out  a list of committees, and the chapter will discuss membership with those who are interested.

The auction must be planned;  late October or November was suggested.

This is John's clarification on possible dates for the fundraising Auction.  Tracy reminded  me that our state convention will have an auction in November.  Thus  we may  wish to consider August.  "Back to the minutes."

There are plans for a National Harbor dinner  and cruise with another chapter some time before Labor Day.

Only one person requested a banquet subsidy.

The  email and flyer for the students' Chipotle fund-raiser will be sent out again as a reminder.

respectfully submitted,

Christine Grassman

Recording Secretary

Committees!

Our constitution requires four standing committees.  They are membership, ways and means, projects, and legislation.  The president appoints the chairs of all but the membership committee.  The membership chair has to have board concurrence.

This  does not mean we are  restricted to those four standing committees.

Please consider chairing and or serving on one of these committees.

See you when I get back in the country on June 18.