[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] Potomac Chapter Meeting Agenda: **Virtual Only** September 9, 2021

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Wed Sep 8 14:30:34 UTC 2021

Potomac Chapter Meeting Agenda, September 9, 2021 (Zoom only):
OK, everyone. This is virtual. Only virtual. Zoom. That’s it. Got it? Good. If you want to hang out with a bunch of us, come to the Halversons on Saturday at 3:00 (2:00 if you wish to help set up, which would be appreciated). Just let us know real quicklike, because the RSVP has passed. You just have to bring you, any significant others or guests (give us the number, please) and we would appreciate $10 per mouth . . . I mean, per person.
I will be a few minutes late to the meeting tomorrow night, as I will be on a call for Project Rise mentor training. Thanks to John for taking the helm in my brief absence.
7:00 PM: Zoom in, and a few minutes afterwards, Jacki will alert us all to your presence, though you should say hi before that. Don’t be shy. We aren’t.

Zoom Link https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345?pwd=SFAyamlQNU44ZTJ6dUZNMTV4RmhCQT09>
One tap mobile
tel: +13017158592,,8297256345#
Telephone Dial: 1 (301) 715-8592
Meeting ID: 829 725 6345#

If needed the password is 20201940

7:05 PM: Minutes: Please review and bring any questions relevant to the minutes. Queries on other subjects should wait for an appropriate time.
7:10 PM: Treasurer’s Report: Same deal. Bring any Treasury-related questions, concerns, adjustments, etc.
7:15 PM:  Blind Equality Achievement Month Plans
7:25 PM: Convention Update/Plans
7:30 PM: Emergency Preparedness Month: Are You Prepared?
What are some basic things you can do right now to prepare in the event of an emergency?
7:50: PM: Chapter Activities, Speakers, Discussions
In order for us to have a dynamic, exciting, and welcoming chapter, our meetings have to be events that not only inform, but inspire and interest, and that means current members and prospective new members. What do you want to talk about? What do you want to plan? What would make you, or others you know, really look forward to our monthly meetings?
It cannot be the responsibility of two or three people to read minds or take responsibility for determining what will make our meetings a go-to awesome place to be each month. So let’s go. Discuss. Send ideas. Talk to each other and come up with projects and activities, and regardless of what we can do now, a time will come when things are opened up fully, when we can freely enjoy the many opportunities around us.
For starters, is there an eating establishment, or three or four, with outdoor facilities where we may wish to gather before meetings, or in between meetings? We have a book club, but do we want another club: card playing? Trivia? Learning a new skill: creative writing? Knitting? Learning a new board game?
8:10PM: Presidential Release and Chapter Meeting Time:
President Riccobono announced at the last live Presidential Release that there will be a condensed version of the release going forward for playing at chapter meetings. Do members have a preference for when we should play the release?
Several members have indicated they prefer the shorter meeting time. Is this a matter of Zoom burnout or is this something people want going forward, even when we begin meeting in person regularly again? What do you think is an optimal meeting time?  Should this be a regular expectation, or should we plan according to activities, speakers, etc.?
8:15 PM: Personal announcements, concerns, issues?
8:20 PM:Presidential Release 508 for Chapters

 8:40 PM: Pledge and Adjourn