[NFBV-Potomac-Announce] From Julie McGinnity

Christine Grassman cfgrassman at icloud.com
Mon May 16 00:26:38 UTC 2022

I want to thank Julie for jumping in and trying to get this information out for me while I was away . . . but she was prevented by the Moderator Monster.
We’ll have to see what we can do about that. Meanwhile, I also want to report that Sarah Blumberg did some research and discovered what I feared: it looks like only the well-heeled individual would get anything out of Connect BBC. I want to let all of you know that prior to booking Ferras for our chapter meeting, I made it clear that our chapter was not filled with people of significant means, and told him that most of us seeking alternatives to Uber and Lyft were seeking local trips that would not cost a lot of money. According to Sarah’s explorations, the cheapest ride she could find was in the hundreds of dollars. If anyone discovers anything different, please let us know. Julie encountered a capcha as well, despite assurances that the web site was accessible. In the future, if anyone wishes to invite a speaker to our chapter meetings, please vet them to ensure that their activity, presentation, and/or service is an appropriate fit. The buck stops with me, and I do not have the time to cross every T and dot every I. I must be able to rely on you to bring me worthy fare.

Christine

Hi Everyone,

Below please find the information discussed by the two speakers at
Thursday's meeting. Connect (Ground Transportation):
www.connectbbc.com <http://www.connectbbc.com/>
Phone: (866)695-0826

I'll need to do some more investigating, but it looks like to book a
ride, you need to get through an inaccessible captcha challenge. If
you are able to book rides without an issue, let us know.

Here is the link to the Torres Foundation blog that Ancil Torres
mentioned in his presentation. You'll see the issues he discussed
outlined in the blog entries.
https://torresfoundation.org/the-way-we-see-it/ <https://torresfoundation.org/the-way-we-see-it/>

I hope you all have a good weekend!

Julie