[nfbwatlk] DSB Strategic Plan Launch

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Aug 18 16:05:31 UTC 2015

From: Cox, Kristina (DSB) [mailto:kristina.cox at dsb.wa.gov]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 11:21 AM
Subject: DSB Strategic Plan Launch

Hello All:

I am pleased to present DSB's new Strategic Plan for the upcoming five years.  We expect this aspirational plan to lead us to an exceptional level of customer service and results by 2020.

Our plan has emerged as the result of an environmental scan, a review of agency performance data, feedback and ideas from a broad range of stakeholders and customers, input from all-staff, and from the intense thought-work of six targeted cross-agency work groups, plus executive team and consultant reviews.

We have prioritized three Strategic Initiatives.  The first two cross-over all agency programs, while the third is focused more specifically on vocational rehabilitation and employment outcomes.

Our Strategic Plan will be not just a document, but rather a dynamic process that we all own; that infuses and focuses the work we do together every day.  We are assigning leads to each Strategic Initiative who will recruit project participants.  We have built success measures into the plan, so that we can evaluate our progress at key points, and communicate results among everyone.

We will not be starting every project at the beginning, but will prioritize and pace them during the upcoming five years.  We can also make changes and course corrections as we learn from the process.

Attached is the Strategic Plan document, and also an outline of the next steps.   You all play a critical part in implementing the plan and achieving our goal for 2020.  Thank you!

Lou Oma

Lou Oma Durand
Executive Director
WA State Dept. of Services for the Blind
Seattle: 206-906-5535
Olympia: 360-725-3835
louoma.durand at dsb.wa.gov<mailto:louoma.durand at dsb.wa.gov>