[nfbwatlk] NFB Cane-Related Airlines Incident

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:18:17 UTC 2015

Julie, not ragging on you for giving them the cane, but when
people do that it does make it harder for those of us who don't
want to give up our canes.  I'LL gladly give it up if it won't
fit between the wall and the window, but I'm not giving it up if
it fits.  It's illegal for them to ask it, and I'm not giving my
cane up.  Hopefully there will be no incidents the next time ow
have to fly Alaska.  Of course, I still might only have my funky
folding cane.  I remember reading articles in old Braille
Monitors about people refusing to give up their canes and being
arrested.  It's kind of like I won't leave a restaurant when I
have my dog just because somebody doesn't know the law.  People
have fought too hard for the rights we have to give up our canes
and/oor dogs.    Peace,    Debby