[NFBWATLK] Paid Study Opportunity with Microsoft Research in Redmond

Cynthia Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 00:41:24 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am forwarding this announcement; please contact the researchers
directly with inquiries.

Cindy

Microsoft Research is seeking participants for a usability study of a
new voice-operated search technology that is accessible to people who
are blind. Participants will come to our Redmond office for a one-hour
study during which they will try out and give feedback on this
experience. Participants should be aged 18 or over, be legally blind,
use a screen reader as their primary means of interfacing with
computers or mobile phones, and have some prior experience interacting
with a virtual voice-based assistant such as Apple's Siri, Amazon's
Alexa, Google's Assistant, or Microsoft's Cortana. Participants will
receive a $50 Amazon gift card as a gratuity for their time, and the
gift card amount can be increased by an additional $50 if needed to
offset transportation costs to and from our Redmond office. This study
will take place from September 5th through 14th. If you would like to
participate, please reply to
voicestudy at microsoft.com<mailto:voicestudy at microsoft.com> and indicate
the dates and times that will work for you, and we will follow up
further regarding scheduling.

Thank you for your time,
Sasha, Adam, Leah, Merrie, and Ryen

--
Cynthia Bennett
Web: https://www.bennettc.com/

Ph.D. Candidate in Human Centered Design and Engineering
University of Washington