[Njabs-talk] SO MUCH INFORMATION!!!

Veronica R Gaspa veronica.gaspa at student.shu.edu
Tue Dec 5 07:12:05 UTC 2017

Hello all,
There is so much information in this email that makes it so wonderful! I have attached our amended constitution, the minutes from our November 30th call, a sample AIMHE letter, and the original template. I am also pasting below a research opportunity that was sent to me from a sighted college student in Washington State. If you are able to help her with her project, please reach out to her!

Greetings!
My name is Alaina Jacobsen, and I am a sighted Gender Studies student in my senior year at Whitman College, in Walla Walla, WA.  For my thesis project, I am conducting research regarding the gendered experiences of blindness, particularly for college students.  I hope to interview blind or visually impaired college-aged individuals (aged 18 and up) to get a better understanding of how being blind or visually impaired interacts with and informs gender, and how performing a certain gender can impact the experience of being blind or visually impaired.  Interviews would be approximately one hour long, and they can be conducted over phone or video calls that are recorded.  I will assure confidentiality of any data provided by all participants.  If this is something you would be interested in, please contact me by emailing me at jacobsaj at whitman.edu<mailto:jacobsaj at whitman.edu> or by calling me at 509-710-5523 to find out more information and set up an interview time.  I welcome all questions and comments that you may have regarding this research.

Please reach out to Alaina if you are able, PLEASE WRITE YOUR AIMHE LETTER, EVERYONE, and good luck on finals! As always if you have any questions about anything at all please reach out to me!
Best,
Vee Gaspa
Vee Gaspa
President, New Jersey Association of Blind Students
Brother, Alpha Phi Omega
Writer, the Setonian
Phone: 434-989-1868
Email: veronica.gaspa at student.shu.edu<mailto:veronica.gaspa at student.shu.edu>
Remember, you can live the life you want!