[Njtechdiv] Using Be My Eyes to click an invisible button

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Aug 31 14:34:30 UTC 2018

Yesterday, I was trying to upgrade some software, and it had a place to
click to continue that was totally invisible to the screen reader, either
Jaws or Narrator.  I used Be My Eyes to get specialized help from Microsoft,
and the tech helped me move the mouse until I was over the invisible button
and could click it with the actual mouse.  This is not an easy thing to do,
but he was calm and patient, and together we got the job done.

Where I work, we can give official thank-yous to people we work with.  If I
could, I'd give one to that Microsoft tech. Without his help, I'd have had
to wait quite a while until a sighted friend could come over, or pay someone
to do a thing that's simple for a sighted person, but was impossible for me.