[NJTechDiv] Learning to type on the iPhone

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Thu Dec 19 15:03:47 UTC 2019

Tracy,

If you go to settings, then General and then tap on keyboard. Its under keyboard where you can turn the auto correct off/on as well as other auto correct features.

As for the typing on the screen, I typically just double tap on the individual letters, its not like touch typing on a real keyboard. I don’t mind doing it for small bits of info like a userid or password, but anything of greater length I do dictate.

When I need to caps lock for any reason, I place one finger on the shift key then use a second finger right next to it to double tap to turn caps lock on.

When I first started using the IPhone it took a bit of time to get accustomed to it, but with use & time I’ve gotten pretty good with typing, swiping & tapping.

Good luck.

Eileen