[Njtechdiv] Opening PDF's on-line.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Feb 4 01:03:59 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I tried sending a message earlier about the issues I was having getting a PDF to save to my computer earlier, but accidently sent it through another email address that is not subscribed to this group.

Any way, after many frustrating attempts at trying to get the PDF of my credit card statement to save to my hard-drive, I finally, finally got it to work.

In my earlier attempts I had used Internet Explorer. After thinking about it and given the way that both Jaws & Windows now work, I used Google Chrome as my browser instead. That made it much easier to navigate, use & read the tables with Jaws. After clicking on the statement date in the table presentation a PDF finally opened. However with the new presentation of the PDF & options, once the PDF opened, up at the top of it as I down-arrowed through, there was an option to Download. I clicked on it and a dialog box finally opened that allowed me to change the save as name and select the folder I wanted it going to. Job done.

I don’t mean to beat this topic to death, but I believe its important for people to know because it can prevent people from getting important & useful information. Its good for us to get comfortable with other browsers, as well as using Jaws with tables.

Eileen