[NJTechDiv] NFB Newsline pproblem

richardfox1 at comcast.net richardfox1 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 8 22:27:08 UTC 2022

HI all,

I got an email from Newsline tech support, which might clarify things for
others, as it did for me. Here it is:

the delete and reinstall does not actually correct this. There is a
workaround that does.

Dear NFB-NEWSLINE subscribers:

As previously reported, some subscribers are experiencing issues with the
NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.1 app release. Users can navigate to publications,
sections, and articles, but if they double tap on an article the reading
material does not load as expected. Some users have also reported that the
NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.1 app closes unexpectedly.

We do apologize for this inconvenience and are working to gather more
information on this problem and develop a solution to fix this situation.
Previously, we encouraged subscribers to remove and reinstall the app, but
this has proven to be a momentary fix.

We have discovered a temporary work around for this problem. It is possible
to continue accessing information, refresh the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.1 app
and continue reading content by following the steps listed below. If you
find that articles are not loading, please see the following procedure.

Locate the four tabs at the bottom of the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.1 app. From
left to right you should find highlights, information sources, KNFB Reader
Basic, and settings.

Select the settings tab in the lower right corner of the screen and double
tap this option to activate it.

Next, select the highlights or information sources tab and double tap this
option to activate it.

Now navigate to the publication that you wish to read, for example the New
York Times. Finally, follow the steps you would normally take to read your
favorite publications. You should find that the publications load as
expected.

We will continue to investigate the cause of the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.1 app
bug and will work to fix the bug as soon as possible. If you continue to
have problems after trying the above steps or you have more questions please
contact 866-504-7300 or send an email to: nfbnewsline at nfb.org
<mailto:nfbnewsline at nfb.org> .

Thank you for your patience as we work through this issue.

  _____