[NJTechDiv] JAWS cannot read a PDF in Acrobat

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 23 21:27:01 UTC 2024

When pressing the enter key on a PDF file, it is opened in Acrobat but
JAWS  remains silent.

By starting Acrobat and pressing the alt key does give me access to the
menubar and allows me to right arrow to the edit, view, and other menus.

What settings need to be adjusted in JAWS or adjustments need to be done
to Acrobat to display a PDF's contents so JAWS can read the text?

I can use Firefox and the Recognize with JAWS OCR feature to open the
contents of the PDF, but I'd prefer to use Acrobat.

Clear directions please.