[Nmabs] NMABS meeting minutes from the last meeting. sorry for the delay...

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 00:44:55 UTC 2009

I just wanted to once again commend you  all on the great work you
all are doing.  You may not know it, but  you are  doing alot  where
other divisions may not be doing so much.
 Keep working hard and  being  positive examples of activity and  teamwork!
  all my best,
  Darian

On 12/8/09, NMABS President <nmabs.president at gmail.com> wrote:
> New Mexico Association of Blinds Students Meeting minutes for the
> meeting held on 11/15/09
> Meeting Called to order at 7:05 PM
> ROLE Call
> Monica Martinez
> Tara Sena
> Alexandria Odonoghue
> Chris Chavez
> Terese Garcia
> Brianne Kotschwar
> Introduction of Guests
> Ken Pierce
> Brianne motioned that the minutes from the previous meeting be
> approved, and Monica seconded. Motion passed.
> Treasurer's report
> Beginning balance was $1428.66. We had a withdrawal of $646.87 for the
> coins and the usual  withdrawal of $2.67 for tax and service fees.
> Balance as of now is $779.99. The check from Fudruckers was received,
> and it was for $53.20.
> Due to technical difficulties, there have been some problems ordering
> the coins. When we try again, Tara proposed that the shipping and
> handling of the coins be paid for by NMABS. Alexandria motioned that
> we pay for the rush shipping and handling, and Terese seconded. Motion
> passed.
> Update: Tara has refunded the NMABS treasurer for the original amount
> of $646.00 for the purchase of the coins which never ended up
> happening do to technical difficulties with Tara’s credit card. Tara
> never authorized a check for the $18 for the shipping and handling for
> the coins, so that is no longer a worry. The T-shirts will be ordered
> Thursday with the coin still on the back.
> Alexanderia moved, Monica seconded to approve the Treasurer’s report;
> the motion passed.
> Washington Seminar
> Tara discussed Washington Seminar and said that the State Board would
> be willing to pay for 2 students. Michael, Alexandria, and Terese have
> stated that they are interested in attending.
> State Convention
> State Convention will be taking place from April 9-11. Tara would like
> us to start thinking about things that we can do for the student
> seminar on Friday.
> Web Site
> The web site is not on the Internet yet, but Chris has been working
> hard to get the site up and running. By December 20, Tara would like
> to see the site live.
> Fundraising
> We talked about FX Graphics, which is the company in Albuquerque that
> is willing to produce T-shirts for us. Tara will order 75 shirts, in
> other words, 15 shirts in each size, from small to 2XL.
> Our guest was Ken Pierce, a photographer that designs mugs featuring
> photographs that he has taken. His mugs have various inspiring or
> amazing images such as religious sayings, images of the Tram tower
> number 2, etc. These mugs sell for $10. If we team up to help him sell
> the mugs, NMABS would get 25% of that price in profit. Ken's web site
> is kenpiercephotography.com
> [...]

The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate
individuals into the field of blindness education, and we need your
help!   To Get Involved  go to:
www.TeachBlindStudents.org

"And if you will join me in this improbable quest, if you feel destiny
calling, and see as I see, a future of endless possibility stretching
before us;
if you sense, as I sense, that the time is now to shake off our
slumber, and slough off our fear, and make good on the debt we owe
past and future generations,
then I'm ready to take up the cause, and march with you, and work with
you. Together, starting today, let us finish the work that needs to be
done, and
usher in a new birth of freedom on this Earth."- Baraq Obama