[nobe-l] Hello and question

Brian Oglesbee ugaoglesbee at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 18:08:11 UTC 2008

Hello Faith, my name is Brian and I'm a social studies high school teacher in Georgia.  I'm totally blind.  One great thing that I have here at my high school is we have a lot of co-teachers.  This is the special ed teacher in the general ed classroom.  This is due to inclusion and the no child left behind legislation and all that good stuff.  So I either have a sped teacher or parapro in my classes most of the time to act as my eyes as well as their normal teacher tasks.  Also I have my room designed where I can get around it easily and I tend to move around a lot and this discourages talking and other behaviors.  Also I have noticed that if students want to sleep they are going to sleep and there's not much you can do about it except for make them stand up everyday and this gets old and creates other problems.  Hope this helps.

Brian

Brian B. Oglesbee