[nobe-l] tutoring math

Princess listsetal at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 10:09:28 UTC 2014

Hello,
I am a TVI and am vision impaired myself.  I have taught geometry. Yes, you need the figures. At the very beginning of the geometry course students are engaged in recognizing types of angles and relationships among/between angles in order to solve problems and write proofs.  Depending on the actual course materials (texts) there may or may not be a significant amount of hands-on work engaging students in producing examples of geometric concepts.  Pre geometry activities might not necessitate you having the figures.  This would be something such as: Given the triangle above, determine its area, or determine the length of side A.  In these situations a GOOD description will suffice.

Short Answer: You need the figures.