[nobe-l] perky duck

Kelsey Nicolay kelseynicolay1989 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 20:25:43 UTC 2016

Hello,
I was hoping another JAWS user could help.  I am using Perky Duck
to complete assignments for my Ueb course through Hadley.
However, I have noticed that Perky Duck and JAWS are not working
well together.  JAWS is not always speaking when I am typing.  It
also does not read any text I enter, so the only feedback I get
is from my Focus 14 which is not easy to edit these kinds of
documents with so few Braille cells.  Therefore, I have no
reliable way to edit my work.  I am doing well on the
assignments, but I could probably improve my score if I had an
easier way of editing my work.  We tried the apex, but for some
reason, my instructor can't grade files created on my apex.  We
have not been able to solve this yet since we can't figure out
why the issue is occurring when I changed my settings to match
hers.  Therefore, is there anything I can do to make JAWS work
better with Perky Duck or does it just not read no matter what I
do? Also, can the Apex open dxb files? I was considering
transferring it to my apex to check it and then send it to my
instructor, but I'm not sure if the Apex support the dxb format.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay