[nobe-l] help dealing with the visual side of teaching

Kayla James christgirl813 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 04:19:46 UTC 2017

Hello, everyone. I want to volunteer for a program called "Teacher for
a Day." My child development teacher thinks I can do it, but she and
the coordinator of the program are worried.
We can pick a grade for teaching, but since everything is so visual,
they are trying to decide what is best for me.
Can the totally blind teachers please send in advice so I can forward
it to my teacher? Oh, and p.s.: no teacher's aide are given.
My child development teacher said that aides aren't given all of the
time to teachers most of time. In fact, she suggested I become an
aide.
Thank you, everyone. I just want to see if I have what it takes to teach.