[nobe-l] Substitute Teaching

taranabella0 at gmail.com taranabella0 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 18:22:36 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience substitute teaching. I'm considering getting my substitute teaching license, so I will be able to get some additional teaching experience after I finish student teaching. My university usually lets out a month before most elementary schools, so I was thinking about subbing during that time while looking for jobs. Some of my questions include:
1: how do you handle reading lesson plans and materials? My cooperating teacher hand writes her notes for substitute teachers, so this would be impossible for me to read.
2: how do you handle getting Transportation on such short notice?
3: what were some of the challenges you faced was substitute teaching, and how did you resolve those issues?

Thanks,

Tara