[NOBE-L] Authoritative books on the subject of learning theories

Leo Bado leobado1982 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 13:27:18 UTC 2021

Hi,

These are busy days for me, so I apologize for not getting back to you
sooner. Thank you for your feedback. What I'm really looking for is a
concise but comprehensive summary of a larger work, A book that succinctly
presents the theories and strategies. Even this would be fit for an entire
course, given the many psychological theories on this specific area, not
counting new emerging theories related to the role of technology. However,
I'm not looking for an academic treatment of this matter because I have
already access to these kind of documents. In fact, I'm looking for a
practical approach. Isn't it amazing how difficult is to find a
down-to-earth account of such theories?  If someone asked  me why, I would
say that most of these kind of books are written by scholars and
researchers, not teachers with actual experience in the classroom. However,
I'm always open to change my mind, particularly if I ever find this book.

Best,

Leo Bado, B.A., A.A., TEFL teacher

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." -
Elbert Hubbard

theories

> Hello.

> It would be helpful to know what books you have rejected. There are

> numerous

> books on these topics but you may find that they are subdivided so that,
for

> example, learning theory is treated in one type of book and classroom

> management in another. My experience is that books on classroom

> management

> and teaching practice have short sections on learning theory but if I want

> an academic treatment of learning theory I must mine the reference
sections

nobe-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Leo Bado via

> NOBE-L

> Sent: Thursday, December 2, 2021 8:29 AM

> < <mailto:nobe-l at nfbnet.org> nobe-l at nfbnet.org>

> Cc: Leo Bado < <mailto:leobado1982 at gmail.com> leobado1982 at gmail.com>

> Subject: [NOBE-L] Authoritative books on the subject of learning theories

> Hello everyone,

> I'm on the lookout for books on the subject of learning theories, such as

> constructivism, cognitivism, and new emerging theories. I have consulted

> many resources, including books, academic articles, and all kind of online

> sources, but neither of them lived up to my expectations. The type of

> content that I'm looking for  should focus on the following areas:

> *          Explanation about the theory and framework

> *          Role of the educator

> *          Role of the student

> *          Curricula

> *          Classroom management

> *          Learning strategies and techniques

> *          Assessment

> Of course, all of these areas tackled from the particular perspective of

> each one of the theories.

> I know that such a theoretical account is, by far, enough for a complete

> pedagogical course, but all this information can be found on the web only
in

<http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nobe-l_nfbnet.org/sarah%40sarahblakelaros
e> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nobe-