[NOBE-L] Teaching on Teams (cross-posted)

misokwak12 at gmail.com misokwak12 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:11:50 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I am writing to ask if anyone on the list teaches on Teams.

I am at a new job where I am expected to teach courses on Teams. I have used
Teams in my previous job, but I find that the application is behaving
differently with my new account.

For example, I can't seem to use the keyboard shortcuts I used to use such
as ctrl + shift + M for mute/unmute, ctrl+shift+O for turning on and off the
camera. Also, the Teams gets stuck quite often, meaning that no keyboard
command of any kind including tab/shift tab works. I just have to do alt f4
and then rejoin the session.

I am using the latest version of JAWS 2021 on a Windows 10 for your
reference.

Maybe it is because my university is still setting up my account properly
but I find it concerning that I can't seem to use Teams the way I was able
to in my previous job.

If you have any idea how/why this might be happening, and/or if you use
Teams to teach regularly, I'd love to learn from you.

Best regards,

Miso

Miso Kwak Ed.M.

(Pronouns: she, her, hers)