[Nyagdu] NFB Travel and Tourism Division Meeting October 28, 2013 at 8pm

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 20:26:39 UTC 2013

Good afternoon everyone:
Our next meeting of the NFB Travel & Tourism Division, a proud division of the National Federation of the blind will be holding it monthly meeting on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 8PM. Remember this division discusses all things to do with Travel and no you don't have to be a travel agent or want to travel, we also discuss owning a business, working in the field whether it is for a cruise lines or Disney Destinations, hotels and more. We also discuss fundraiser opportunities for other divisions, states and affiliates to find out more. Please join the talk.

Call in number is 805-360-1000

Access Code is 871517#
We will be discussing the recent 1st Fundraiser Trip of the Division to went to Las Vegas and Utah, and the opening of the 2014 Trip to Nashville October 6-10, 2014. Some other topics TSA Cares Program and updates on the recent issues at Disney Parks with people with disabilities.

We raised a significant amount of money, and we need to discuss on how we will be using these funds and funds in the future.

Whether it is to help those to get to Washington, DC or National Convention, a possible scholarship to National for Scholarship winners going into the Hospitality Profession (whether it is funds for owning a restaurant or some kind of tour company etc), work with an engineer in the realm of apps or ideas for blind people to travel more independently, etc.

Or other ideas that we can do with it. Please remember if you are not a paid member, you cannot vote on items. But you can talk about the issues at hand. To join the NFB Travel & Tourism Division, it is $10 a year and all the information is up on our website at www.nfbtravel.org Your sister in the NFB

 Sincerely,

Cheryl Echevarria, President
info at nfbtravel.org
www.nfbtravel.org