[Oabs] Fwd: FW: Student Event on the Dunes This June 21st

Kaiti Shelton via Oabs oabs at nfbnet.org
Tue Jun 3 03:31:42 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I know that the vast majority of us will be at Braille Beats at this
time, and will miss this event, but anyone who is not going to be in
Michigan in 2 weeks should consider attending this.  It sounds like
the Indiana and Illinois student divisions have worked hard to put
this event together, and they have welcomed any student from
surrounding states to attend.  I am unsure of where Michigan City is,
but if it is possible for you to go, it sounds like it will be a good
time.

For the benefit of the membership committee: I have sent Indiana's
student division president, Christopher Meyer, an email regarding
future events.  I don't think that we're going to get a spot at a camp
site or retreat center this late in the game.  The more I call around,
and our original plans didn't work out so I'm calling places which are
further and further away from a central location, the more I'm hearing
that places were booked up by February or early March, so it seems
like we're going to have to either rethink our location or we'll have
to hold off until next year and start seriously planning in November
or December if we want to do something ourselves.  However, I think
that collaborating with other student divisions is a great idea not
only because it will allow us to meet others from different states,
but also because we'll have more manpower and funds to use at our
disposal.  It seems like these two divisions have managed to find a
common location which works for everyone, and I'm sure that could also
be arranged if Ohio joined in as well.  Jordan Castor, president of
Michigan's student division, has also expressed interest in having
Michigan join the event planning should another one happen next year.
I have asked Christopher to keep me informed of any future plans so we
can consider collaborating with Indiana and other nearby student
divisions.

Thoughts?  See flyer and information below for those of you who will
be free on June 21st.