[Oabs] November OABS Meeting Friday

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 03:38:42 UTC 2014

Hi, OABSters,

Please join us for a discussion that is important to old and new
members; Federation Philosophy: Why Students Matter to the Movement.
This call on Friday night at 7:30 PM will feature a panel of dedicated
federationists from the state affiliate and beyond, who will speak to
the importance of our work as students in the NFB.  Speakers will
include President Eric Duffy, one of our lead teachers for BELL Debbie
Baker, a long-time Federationist who was formerly our state president
and editor of the Braille Monitor Barbara Pierce, and Chris O'Meally
who some of you met last week on the membership committee call.  Chris
is a board member of the Virginia Association of Blind Students, and
can provide some insight as a student from another state division that
is getting good work done.  Deborah Kendrick will also add her
insights as the panel moderator.

This meeting is going to be a hybrid between membership and business,
as I do not think we can wait till January to discuss all the things
we need to talk about in order to get our projects off the ground.
I'll try to be mindful of the time, but here is the agenda for what
will happen after the panel is done.
A.  Meeting called to order at 7:30 PM.  Check.
B.  Pannel.  Check.
C.  If Lillie has minutes from the convention, she may read them so we
can approve them.  If not, Macy can just take minutes for this meeting
as her first time serving as secretary.
D.  Constitution check-in.  I did not hear any qualms about the
language I used in the constitution amendments when I sent them over
the list a while ago, but I want to double check that they're okay
with everyone who has read them.
E.  Video brochure/advertisement project.  Thoughts?  I'll be sending
another email as a follow up to Macy's from last weekend in a few
minutes.
F.  Brainstorm how we're going to get a bookmark design.  We'll
probably have to bite the bullet and pay for printing as well as
embossing from NBP, but if we can design our own bookmark and send
them a proof it will significantly reduce our cost.
G.  Adjourn.  Web site preview discussion for those who may be
interested in sticking around to hear about it.  I saw the prototype
last night, and Tim Pennington has done a fabulous job.  Emily and
Lillie have pointed out corrections, and I've gone through the site
and made notes for changes too.  It has a lot of exciting freatures
that will be very useful to us, and I'm really excited about them.
(And, he has some other intel about membership that I can share either
there, or with membership committee privately if they're the only
people who stick around).

Now, here's the number and code you'll need to show up.
 (857)232-0158.
  Access code: 868852.

See you all then.  Stay warm!