[Oagdu] article about guide dog banned from church bus

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Thu Jul 23 12:01:45 UTC 2015

Hi all,
My comments: If this were to happen to me, I would find a different church. Yes the church does not fall under ADA regulations, but it seems ridiculous that the dog is allowed in service and at other events, but not allowed to ride in the church bus. Is the dog really that much more likely to bite a kid on a bus than it would be to bite a kid sitting next to them at a church picnic?  If a guide dog does bite someone, the handler is liable for this anyways, I don't think that the parents would be able to legally sue the church.
I am on another guide dog list with this lady and she has indeed found a different church, in fact she mentioned that many churches have been trying to recruit her, since hearing about this article.
I know others may not agree with me, but that's my two cents on this much talked about thread.
Deanna and Mambo