[OAGDU] Reporting service animal denials to Uber and Lyft.

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Mon Aug 12 13:13:04 UTC 2019

Hi all,
This issue was mentioned on our Oagdu call last night, and I wanted to share this important information with you all again.
Deanna
To fill out the Rideshare test survey, please visit: www.nfb.org/rideshare-test<http://www.nfb.org/rideshare-test>
To file a complaint with Uber and Lyft, see below for the links and phone numbers.
If I'm denied transportation by Uber or Lyft because of a service animal, should I also register a complaint with the company?

Yes, in addition to filling out the NFB's online questionnaire, we also ask that you report discrimination to the rideshare company via the company's website, app, or by phone. The agreements require Uber and Lyft to investigate reports and, if appropriate, take action against the drivers.

  *   Uber Complaint Form<https://help.uber.com/h/5f3eac46-e977-44a0-873e-f1881d48f4cb> or, for critical safety concerns, 800-285-9481
  *   Lyft Complaint Form<https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=813147> or 877-452-4866

Learn how to file complaints directly with the rideshare providers by reading these Guidelines for Effective Uber and Lyft Service Animal Complaints<http://www.trelegal.com/posts/guidelines-for-effective-uber-and-lyft-service-animal-complaints/>.

--
This email was Malware checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com

Sent from the Clovernook email system