[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] MARTYRDOM

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Sep 1 15:31:38 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 11:16 AM
To: Mr. Ed <pinky14 at abe.midco.net>
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] MARTYRDOM

MARTYRDOM

Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of
life.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24915191.3268/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9UmV2LjIuMTA/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174Ba725
26c7> Revelation 2:10

In Ambon, Indonesia, a Christian youth camp was held in early 1999 with the
theme "Soldiers of the Cross!" The camp was attacked by an angry group of
Muslim extremists and a 15-year-old boy named Roy Pontoh was singled out for
carrying his Bible and interrogated.

When asked, "Who are you?" he replied, "I am a soldier of Jesus Christ." The
angry mob chopped at his left arm with a machete. The questioning continued,
"Who are you?" And again Roy answered, "I am a soldier of Jesus Christ."
Then they chopped at his right arm.

When they tried to force him to say, "Allahu Akbar," he replied, "As far as
I know, Jesus Christ is the only Lord." Now the seething angry crowd cut
open his stomach and demanded again, "Who are you?" With his last breath,
Roy gasped, "I am a soldier of Jesus Christ." The mob cut off his head and
threw his body in a ditch.

Martyrdom may be the end result of those who endure. In addition to Jesus,
three martyrs are named in the New Testament-John the Baptist, Stephen and
James. Some of the unnamed heroes of the faith mentioned in
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24915191.3268/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9SGViLjExLjM3/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174Cde9
769a0> Hebrews 11:37 were also martyred. .

Martyrdom is described as a legitimate response to persecution. This is not
easily understood in our day and in our culture that specializes in personal
"rights" and the avoidance of suffering. But a special crown is awaiting
those who lay down their lives for their faith.

The appropriate response to persecution that one chooses depends on that
person's intimate relationship with God the Holy Spirit and openness to His
direction.

No doubt if you and I had talked to Roy Pontoh before his death, we may not
have detected such bravery and loyalty to Jesus. Roy passed the hot water
test with flying colors. He graduated to a special place with his Lord as a
victorious overcomer.

Overcomers are like tea bags. You have to put them in hot water to know how
strong they are!

RESPONSE: Today I will live in faith and assurance that even in the test and
threat of death I can be a victorious overcomer.

PRAYER: Pray that all those who may face physical death today for the cause
of Christ will walk in faith and realize they will never die.

Provided by bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8739)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8739>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20MART
YRDOM>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20MARTYRDO
M>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/85304970/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.