[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion: DOES THE BIBLE SAY HOW THE DIFFERENT HUMAN RACES CAME TO BE?

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Wed Sep 1 17:32:27 UTC 2021

DOES THE BIBLE SAY HOW THE DIFFERENT HUMAN RACES CAME TO BE?
September 01, 2021

Average reading time is about 4 and a half minutes

First, there is but one human race. We’re all a little different, sure—but we’re all one race.

All the genetic material for human diversity were within Adam and Eve. As mankind dispersed after the Tower of Babel, people intermarried within tribes and certain distinctive traits—like pigment levels—became dominant. (This development shouldn’t be confused with Darwinism.) Some people speculate that Noah’s three sons were the heads of three major races, but I don’t agree with that.

A good analogy is all the different types of dogs that we see in the world today. There is a mindboggling variety in size, shape, color, type of hair, and temperament. What is amazing about all these dogs—Great Danes, Chihuahuas, Australian Cattle Dogs, Cocker Spaniels, coyotes, and more—is that they can trace their DNA back to two original wolf-like dogs.

One human example of this process is looking at different people who live in the Pacific Islands. After generations of living in virtual isolation from other islanders, Samoans and people from Fiji have developed their own distinct features. It’s something beautiful to appreciate!

Though there are many different “races” of people on the earth, the Bible teaches that we are all “one blood.” If I need a blood transfusion, hospital personnel don’t need to check which race the blood came from, just the blood type. We obviously all came from the same parents. There is no superior race either. We are all children of Adam and Eve and created by God.

Paul writes, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:28). No matter our “race,” we all stand on equal ground before the cross. We all have the same opportunity to receive the free gift of salvation.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"
Acts 17:26

THE BIBLE TRUTH ABOUT HELL MAGAZINE
Is hell a real place … or just a metaphor? Are sinners tortured in hellfire for eternity? Is the devil in charge of it all? These questions and more are answered in this brand-new sharing magazine from Amazing Facts International.

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)