[Ohio-talk] Next Years Convention

Colleen Roth n8tnv at att.net
Tue Nov 10 02:44:34 UTC 2009

Hi J. W.
Thanks for letting us know the dates for next year's Convention.
I am sure some people will come  Thursday Night but it will definitely save money if people can come in Friday.
It will also save on food for people who come in later.
It's nice to plan things in advance.
It's also good to have a hotel two years in a row because we get used to the space, the hotel gets used to us,
and we get a better rate sometimes when we do things this way.
Those of us who have been in meetings with hotels know that it is a challenge getting the rates we get.
How many organizations are willing to work so hard to do this.
The good thing is that we can can get more of our Members to the Convention this way.
If you are reading this and have never been to a State or National Convention, please consider joining us soon.
It is a phenomenal experience. The high point of the Convention is the Banquet.
I would like to see us get more people there next year. I realize that with the economy and the challenge of funding this can be a challenge.
We need to be creative.
When I first went to Conventions Helen Johnson and some other people packed lets of things to help those of us who didn't have much money get through the Convention.
It's amazing what you can cook in a coffee pot in your room.
It's also amazing what you can pack when you really get organized.
When we didn't have a refrigerator we used the good old window ledge.
I would like to see us get twice as many people there in 2010.
Colleen Roth