[Ohio-talk] Convention Reminders

J.W. Smith jwsmithnfb at frontier.com
Tue Jun 28 19:16:19 UTC 2011

1 If the affiliate is paying for your room you should be able to just give
them your name when you check in and your room and taxes will be covered and
in fact have been covered.

I don't know what the policy is for this hotel but you will probably be
asked to provide a Credit Card for incidentals and I would encourage you not
to provide one to avoid billing duplication possibilities. If you do not
have any choice, please double check your bill when you check out.

2 The Ohio caucus will take place on Monday July 4th from 5 to 6 and it will
be held in the Wekiwa4 room on Level 2.

We must be done at 6 because the next group will be moving in and I have to
attend the Presidents and treasurers meeting at 6 as well so please try to
be on time.

Also, please bring your signed banquet tickets to the Caucus and make sure
that Crystal McClain gets them for the exchange so that we can all sit
together.

If you can't attend the Caucus but would still like to sit with Ohio, make
sure that you get your banquet ticket to Crystal before she turns them in.

3 We are selling candy and raffle tickets this year so plese work with Carol
Akers, Eric Duffy and Richard Payne in terms of getting your candy and
tickets to sell and how they'd like the money returned to them.

The drawing for our raffle will occur on Friday the 8th.

4 We will have a table in the exhibit Hall this year and Crystal McClain
will be over it again so please get your products and availability to her as
soon as possible.

5 We have 2 scholarship winners this year so let's make them feel welcome
and special whenever we can and let's not forget our first-timers either.

6 Carol Akers and Sheri Albers will be contacted if any of our delegation
needs assistance and of course please don't hesitate to contact me if you
need too.

You may contac me off line if you need my cell phone number.

7 Finally, don't forget to come by my room for a prebanquet drink or snack
and a bit of fellowship before we join the rest of our NFB Brothers and
sisters!

Jw

Dr. J. Webster Smith

President, National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

PO Box 458 Athens, OH 45701

740-592-6326

"Changing what it means to be blind"

For more information go to nfbohio.org