[Ohio-talk] OUR NFB FAMILY

Aleeha Dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 02:15:38 UTC 2012

Hi,
The reason is this: you may not support a given idea of the federation, but, as a member of the family, you should support said family in the eyes of the public and other organizations of the blind. If this means participating in Braille related activities, then so be it because you are a member of the federation and obligated to support the federation in it's activities. Would you not support a family member in their decision, even though you may disagree? If we do not stand united as a family, how will we ever get laws passed, children educated in Braille, no matter what the code, and equality achieved? Are we not striving to promote Braille? If you say that the code shouldn't be changed, are you not standing against educating children in this code because a certain number of contractions are gone? In other words: standing by the federation family means getting things done, bigger than a few contractions. Promote Braille in whatever ways you can because if you stop because of this little disagreement. You are holding back more than just yourself.

Aleeha dudley