[Ohio-talk] The Weekly Report from the "Drive for 75" Campaign Committee

Smith, JW smithj at ohio.edu
Thu Dec 11 21:16:52 UTC 2014

Dear NFB of Ohio Family, Friends and Colleagues,

It has been a fairly quiet time for our campaign committee this week but we continue to focus on the Cincinnati area and to that end we had an excellent conference call which focused on the rewards and challenges of a potential three person basketball tournament fundraising event. Walter Mitchell is spearheading this effort and I think soon we will be able to report some progress in this endeavor so stand by. I am also working on a potential opportunity/event to be held in the Cincinnati area during the weekend of the Martin Luther King Day holiday. It is my hope also to be able to announce an additional committee member in the Toledo area so that Colleen Roth does not feel so lonely. As I told the committee in my weekly update to them, I want to make it clear that just because January has been designated for the Cincinnati area, that does not mean that we will close our eyes to potential fundraising opportunities in any month in that area up until the convention. It is clear that some of our efforts will require longer periods of time to both promote and implement, so while we may have designated an event for Columbus in March, that does not mean that such an event or some other event that could bring us potential donations might not occur in Columbus in say April or May. I have told the committee that I don't want us to miss out on any such opportunities by being too restrictive in terms of our calendar. Finally, I am pleased to report that Sheri Albers is putting the finishing touches on some promotional information for our restaurant and similar business donation outlets and I'm sure you'll be hearing more about this from her soon. I may or may not write next week because I will be in New York for most of it and the only day that I will allow myself internet access will be Thursday the 18th. The holidays are upon us but I promise you that I will write at least one more of these reports before the end of the year. Please note however, I will find a way to keep you informed about substantial and significant campaign progress when necessary.

Jw