[Ohio-talk] blindness and minor inconvenience

Marianne Denning via Ohio-talk ohio-talk at nfbnet.org
Tue May 27 18:23:53 UTC 2014

I totally agree with you but that is a struggle I have had all of my life.

I believe orientation happens in the head and some people have the
ability to orient themselves and others struggle with it.  I have
sighted friends who have absolutely no orientation skills. They would
get lost very easily.  I believe independence is the ability to make
decisions for yourself and, if needed, direct others on how to assist
us.  I have moved past independence and encourage interdependence.  No
one is totally independent.  We are interdependent.  You have skills I
lack and I have skills you struggle with.  We all help each other.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053