[Ohio-talk] prep program

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 13:57:34 UTC 2015

Hello,
Sorry for the frequent posts, but at my last meeting with my ood
counselor, he suggested at some point that I acquire some
additional kitchen skills.  I know the Sight Center has the
P.R.E.P.  program, but I don't know too much about it.  There was
a youtube video posted on it and the clients in the video praised
it, so it must be good.  All I know about the program is that
they teach you how to cook, but I'm sure they probably include
other things too.  I had a friend from my city learn how to cook
at csc (she's a few years younger than me), but they did not put
her in the apartments.  Instead, she only went there two days a
week.  I've heard that for P.R.E.P., they keep the client in
their apartments for a certain amount of time.  Does anyone know
if I choose to do P.R.E.P.  will I be put in the apartments or
will I be able to go home every day like my friend did? Also, has
anyone gone through the program, either you or a close friend of
yours? What did you think of it? I know one of the rehabilitation
teachers from the teen program I attended in 2007.  I know my
counselor must authorize P.R.E.P., but is it worth sending an
email to the teacher I know asking her about the program and
possibly setting up a no obligation tour of the program so I can
see what it's like? Finally, if I participate in the program,
would they be able to make it so that I could train for the call
center at the same time or would I first need to complete Prep
before training can begin? I look forward to any responses to
this question as I'd like as much information as possible before
making a decision.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay