[Ohio-talk] prep

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Wed May 6 03:05:46 UTC 2015

First, an extensive training like those offered at an NFB center is
the absolute best option.  Why don't you think you need braille?  Can
you read print at the rate and for the time length sighted people can
read print?

The training programs at any place like the Cleveland Sight Center are
designed for people who will live at the facility.  Yes, there are
possibilities to receive training at home and you should discuss this
with your counselor, but, at best, you may receive training once a
week.  In order to be successful as an employee you need good
independent living skills.  JMO

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053