[Ohio-talk] NFB-NEWSLINE® Expands Feature Allowing Independent Job Searches for the Blind

richard rchpay7 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:27:06 UTC 2016

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (cell)
cdanielsen at nfb.org

NFB-NEWSLINE® Expands Feature Allowing Independent Job Searches for the Blind

Baltimore, Maryland (June 7, 2016): The National Federation of the Blind has added USA JOBS to the job listings feature of NFB-NEWSLINE®, a free information service it provides, with support from state sponsors, for people who are blind and print disabled. These job listings are in addition to the over 100,000 listings currently provided to subscribers by CareerBuilder.com.
"The National Federation of the Blind is committed to ensuring that the blind have independent and timely access to information, and also to helping them find gainful employment so that they can live the lives they want," says Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind. “The enhancement to the job listings feature of NFB-NEWSLINE® that we are announcing today helps advance both of these critical goals.”

"NFB-NEWSLINE®’s job search feature, in addition to the over four hundred newspapers and magazines, emergency weather alerts, and retail ads provided on the service, is one we are very proud to offer," says Scott White, Director of Sponsored Technology Programs at the National Federation of the Blind. "We are extremely pleased to add USA JOBS to the more than 100,000 job listings already provided on the service by Career Builder."

USAJOBS.gov is a free web-based job board enabling federal job seekers access to thousands of job opportunities across hundreds of federal agencies and organizations, providing public notice for federal employment opportunities. As the federal government's official source for federal job listings and employment opportunity information, USAJOBS.gov provides a variety of opportunities.

Now in addition to NFB-NEWSLINEÂ'™s existing job listings, subscribers can set up profiles to include opportunities offered by USAJOBS.gov. Using the job listings feature of the NFB-NEWSLINE® service, subscribers can set up the search profile and customize the search by radius from a zip code, category, salary range, and can even include a specific search phrase such as “entry level” or “benefits.”
Subscribers can set up multiple profiles (for example, searching in several different geographical areas, or searching for more than one type of employment). They also have the capability to email job listings to their email inbox.
For more information about accessing NFB-NEWSLINE'®s job listings feature, or if you would like to sign up for NFB-NEWSLINE®, you can visit www.nfbnewsline.org, or call (866) 504-7300, or email nfbnewsline at nfb.org.

###

NFB-NEWSLINE® is a service of the National Federation of the Blind.

About the National Federation of the Blind: