[Ohio-talk] FW: [Nfbnet-students-list] Seeking feedback on student loan communication accessibility

Walter Mitchell walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 23:12:17 UTC 2017

FYI

Walter

From: Nfbnet-students-list [mailto:nfbnet-students-list-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of Danielsen, Chris via Nfbnet-students-list
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:28 PM
To: nfbnet-students-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-students-list] Seeking feedback on student loan
communication accessibility

If you have experienced accessibility issues with student loan
communications, we need to hear from you. In October 2014, the National
federation of the blind entered into an agreement with the US Department of
Education to make all federal student loan information accessible to blind
individuals. Under the agreement, the DOE and its loan servicers should now
offer: (1) accessible websites; (2) digital forms that can be filled out,
submitted, and saved on electronic devices; and (3) timely provision of
alternative formats for all documents, including notices, statements, and
publications. If you have had difficulty receiving accessible
federal student loan information in the past year or otherwise believe that
the DOE or one of its loan servicers is not fulfilling its obligations under
our agreement, please contact Valerie Yingling at vyingling at nfb.org
as soon as possible to discuss.

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org
Twitter: @rlawyer

 <https://nfb.org/> National Federation of the Blind

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind> Facebook