[Ohio-talk] Columbus Legislative Seminar

milenacleve at roadrunner.com milenacleve at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 11 21:08:37 UTC 2018

Greetings Friends,

The Columbus Legislative Seminar was yesterday, and Shawn and I needed a day or so to catch our breath from all the hurried, but enjoyable activities of the meetings we attended with our representatives.  We felt tired, but invigorated knowing that the fact sheets and the issues with which they dealt were well received, and no significant disagreements persisted.

The representatives and their aides greeted us warmly and listened to what we had to say.  This was Shawn's first time as a team leader, and although he was nervous--and I was a bit nervous for him--he executed each presentation with warmth, confidence, accuracy, and finesse.  I would  interject my thoughts at various pauses in the conversation to strengthen and elaborate on the issues, as well, although he was doing very well all by himself.

It was a stressful day, but one of good stress, and we will be back in Columbus next year to educate our reps and senators all over again.  We can take it; bring it on!

Milena