[Ohio-talk] NFB President’s Notebook - week of 05/28/2019

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 23:07:58 UTC 2019

From: President, National Federation of the Blind <OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 4:48 PM
To: President, National Federation of the Blind <OfficeOfThePresident at nfb.org>
Subject: NFB President’s Notebook - week of 05/28/2019

President’s Notebook

National Federation of the Blind

Mark A. Riccobono

 <mailto:officeofthepresident at nfb.org> officeofthepresident at nfb.org

410-659-9314

Dear Fellow Federationists,

We are now in the crunch time for national convention planning and arrangements. I am certain each of you is on top of it, but as you know this is the last week to secure hotel rooms and online registration prices. Please be sure to urge your local members to lock in their spots for our best convention ever. Of course you can still register at the convention, and you may find a hotel room at the convention rate, but do not leave it to chance.

We are having a call for first-time delegates to the national convention. The call will be taking place next week. If returning delegates wish to participate in the call, please let me know and we will share the call-in information with you.

I am attaching to this notebook all the materials that go into the new-member packets that we will be shipping from the national office. Remember that this package is triggered by the completion of the new member form at https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/newmember/form, which will be filled out by your affiliate's membership chair or a designated person in the chapter. For obvious reasons we have not included the membership certificate or the coin in the electronic version of the materials. We are currently working on alternatives for delivering this content to those who do not have email, but we wanted to get the first round of materials out the door before we moved onto that next phase. As always, if you have questions about the new membership process, direct them to membership at nfb.org <mailto:membership at nfb.org> .

News:

If your chapter or affiliate is planning to charter a bus to convention in Las Vegas this year, please let us know that you’re coming. It would be useful for us to know how many members you expect to have aboard and your anticipated arrival date and time. The hotel wants to ensure they adequately staff their registration desk for the heaviest arrival times during the early days of our convention. Please email or call Susan Skaarer (sskaarer at nfb.org <mailto:sskaarer at nfb.org> ; 410-659-9314, extension 2461) with your bus details. Thank you for your help to ensure smooth arrivals for everyone.

Dates to Keep in Mind:

*	May 31, 2019: Last day to preregister for NFB National Convention <https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention>
*	May 31, 2019: Last day to apply for Blindness Experience Teaching Internship <https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/blindness-experience-teaching-internship>
*	June 16-22, 2019: NFB EQ <https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/national-center-blind-youth-science> , Baltimore, Maryland
*	June 25, 2019: Accessibility Boutique - Nonvisual Accessibility of G-Suite Products <https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/accessibility-boutiques> , Baltimore, Maryland
*	July 7-12, 2019: NFB National Convention <https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention> , Las Vegas, Nevada
*	February 10, 2020: Great Gathering-In; Washington Seminar begins

Mark A. Riccobono, President

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314 | officeofthepresident at nfb.org <mailto:officeofthepresident at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>