[Ohio-Talk] Partner with the NFB and the Gibney Family Foundation to Connect and Protect

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon May 4 11:43:46 UTC 2020

From: Mark Riccobono
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2020 7:08 AM
To: Richard Payne <rchpay7 at gmail.com>
Subject: Partner with the NFB and the Gibney Family Foundation to Connect and Protect

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg>

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/nfb-logo-for-email-template.jpg>

Dear Friend:

Thanks to you, the National Federation of the Blind has had a tremendous impact on the lives of blind people of all ages—and maybe your family has benefitted from our advocacy and philosophy. Please help continue our work <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16825&qid=3595424>  by participating in #GivingTuesdayNow, which is tomorrow, and take advantage of the matching gift from the Gibney Family Foundation.

#GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity set to take place May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. The National Federation of the Blind is responding to a variety of urgent needs that blind children and adults are facing during this time. Our stepped-up advocacy efforts <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16825&qid=3595424>  now include supporting blind small business operators, protecting the rights of students facing inaccessible distance learning platforms, and providing updated educational and informational resources for our members and communities in accessible formats.

We recently expanded NFB-NEWSLINE <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16826&qid=3595424>  to all states, including those where we are currently unsponsored, and added a new search feature. This means that deafblind people who want up-to-date Braille information can download to a Braille display and stay abreast of current news. This offering is especially helpful to those who do not have internet access since NFB-NEWSLINE can be accessed by any phone in addition to other access methods.

“The beauty of NFB-NEWSLINE is that this service provides me with information in a format that I can readily use, instead of in a chart which is not typically made accessible. When the city of Chicago updates us with information, it is distributed through an inaccessible PDF document. When I search COVID-19 on NFB-NEWSLINE however, I am able to access the same up-to-date information as every other resident, which helps me to protect myself and my family.” - NFB Member

If you are able, please help us continue to advocate and provide essential services by contributing tomorrow on #GivingTuesdayNow. Our partner, the Gibney Family Foundation, is generously matching all donations made on May 5.

DONATE NOW <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16827&qid=3595424>

Join us on Facebook <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16828&qid=3595424>  to see how we’re doing. Thank you so much for showing the love, hope, and determination of the National Federation of the Blind every day.

Warmly,

Mark A. Riccobono, President
National Federation of the Blind

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16829&qid=3595424>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16830&qid=3595424>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16831&qid=3595424>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16832&qid=3595424>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16833&qid=3595424>

 <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16834&qid=3595424>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314

 <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=14053&qid=3595424&h=5827e1e35f0210c5> Unsubscribe |  <https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=14053&qid=3595424&h=5827e1e35f0210c5> Opt Out |   <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16835&qid=3595424> Sign Up for Our E-newsletter

..

  <https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/open.php?q=3595424>