[Ohio-Talk] Fwd: Hello from David Snider

Barbara Pierce barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:38:38 UTC 2021

The link in the forwarded message will be interesting to those who like  NFB history. I knew this couple and David, the photographer and narrator of the film. This piece is on the New York Times website. It is about 12 minutes long. I pass it along to you in case you have interest in Those who went before us. Harold, the father of David, will go down in history in my mind for discovering one day when he was in the hospital that the chart above his head in his hospital bed had a note saying, “Blind but intelligent.” That summarizes our struggle with the sighted public.

Cheers,
Barbara
Barbara Pierce, President Emerita
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
440-774-8077

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations for blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.