[Ohio-Talk] Congressman Bob Latta (R-OH-5) Announces Bipartisan Autonomous Vehicle Caucus

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 14:16:34 UTC 2022

Good morning Ohio Federationists. I'm writing this morning to share some
positive news out of our Ohio Congressional Delegation. Earlier this week,
Ohio Congressman Bob Latta (R) of the Toledo area and Congresswoman Debbie
Dingle (D) of Michigan announced the formation of a Bipartisan
Congressional Autonomous Vehicle Caucus. The purpose of this caucus is to
educate Congressional Representatives and their staff on autonomous vehicle
technology. What's exciting about this for us is that they are talking
about accessibility issues from the start. The press release announcing the
formation of the Caucus even included a quote from NFB President Mark
Riccobono. This could be the next step in seeing progress towards
eventually having autonomous vehicles on the road that we could use
ourselves. To read the Press Release you can go to:
https://latta.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=402591  You can
also find a link to the Press Release on our website in the In The News
Section at https://nfb.org/about-us/press-room/nfb-news

Todd Elzey