[Ohio-Talk] join the Ohio Association of blind students tonight for our last business meeting of 2023!

Shane Popplestone spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 20:26:32 UTC 2023

Hello all,
Please join the Ohio association of blind students for our last business
meeting of 2023! If you missed the in person annual meeting at the
hotel, we'll cover some stuff we covered their as well!
See you tonight at 8:00 PM eastern, 7:00 PM cenntral, 6:00 PM mountain
and 5:00 PM pacific!
Even if your not a student in Ohio, or if your from out of state and are
a student or otherwise, and just want to check out what we're up to,
guests are always welcome from inside and outside the state so come join
us!
The December 1, 2023 meeting agenda including zoom details and the
October 27, 2023 meeting minutes are attached in microsoft word format
and pasted below my signature.
See you tonight!
Shane Popplestone
President of the Ohio Association of blind students
Co-chair of the ohio newsline committee
member of the Grater Akron Chapter
member of Ohio Association of Guide Dog users
spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
234-716-2208
You can live the life you want!
Ohio association of blind students, all members business meeting

December 1, 2023.

Meeting Conducted by zoom.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83171167510?pwd=OEtLd25EMzMxODR3akhnZ00zYlg3Zz09

One tap mobile

+16473744685,,83171167510#,,,,*6227# Canada

+16475580588,,83171167510#,,,,*6227# Canada

Meeting ID: 831 7116 7510

Passcode: 6227

Meeting agenda

Call to order: Shane Popplestone

Welcome, Shane Popplestone

Roll call of members: Shane Popplestone, President

Introduction of guests: Shane Popplestone, Presidentt

?Check for quorum: Shane Popplestone

Reports from the board

President: Shane Popplestone

Secretary: Jackson Schwoebel

Treasurer: Asia Quinones-Evans

Final fundraiser update: Asia Quinones-Evans

Reminders about dews: Asia Quinones-Evans

old business

New business:

Comments from guests:

Meeting schedule for 2024, and next meeting date:

Adjournment

Ohio Association of Blind Students Meeting Minutes – October 27, 2023

The meeting starts at 8:01 p.m.

Roll Call:

Jackson, Secretary

Shane, President

Asia, Treasurer

Emily, member

Suzanne, visiter

Kelsey, member

Dr. Peters, Vice Precedent of Affiliate.

Caroline, member

Chelsey, visiter

Icebreaker question:

What is a movie or TV show that makes you think of Fall?

Reports:

Shane, President

We had a look at convention registration. The division will have a great
representation at the convention. Pre-registration does not close until
November 5. We have assigned the time slot for the conference—5:30 p.m.
to 7:00 p.m. We have communicated with the affiliate regarding what we
will do to remain a division. Keep us as a division.

Shane sent back archives of minutes to ensure they were on file. We will
be submitting our member report. Do that probably on Monday to the state
secretary. Submit our division dues to our state.

Secretary report by Jackson

Meeting minutes are published.

Asia motions the meeting minutes.

Jackson seconded the meeting minutes from September 29.

Motion carries.

Treasurers Report by Asia

The last meeting was September 29

The service fee was $15.

The balance is $353.51.

Jackson motions the treasurer's report.

Caroline seconds the motion.

Motion carries.

Next is fundraiser status.

The fundraiser is in progress and began at the beginning of October

We raised $105. Waiting for payment from people. Confirmation of hundred
and five dollars. Purchases of items will be complete by next week.

Working with affiliates, Shane devised ideas to keep the division alive
for 2024. Suzanne stated membership speaking.

Next year's goal is to increase student membership and the entire file.
Reach out to people and get them into the NFB of Ohio.

The second one is to raise funds for Ohio through a grant. Kinshuck is
looking into grants. The goal is to get into colleges and schools to
ensure we find students.

Governor DeWine has appointed Suzanne to sit on the council.

Do not close student division. Start in January, connect with colleges
and high schools to reach out to get students.

Suzanne says per capita dues to the affiliate are $10 and a dollar per
person. Make sure that it is in. before the convention.

Could you send it to Anett Lutz and CC Richard? Per capita goes to
Cathy.

We can send it by Zelle.

We are keeping the fundraiser open until the convention.

Find someone or appoint someone to be vice president until we can vote
someone in to be vice president; take over only if they cannot—daunting
task to be Vice President. Constitution is a requirement at the annual
meeting to appoint all board members at that meeting.

Do not worry about it until we get to that meeting.

Verify the constitution. Goal work with Suzanne to make sure things are
the right way.

For those who do not have a copy of the outreach letter, let Asia,
Shane, or Jackson know.

If students want to go to another world, communicate with Caroline.

The end goal for 2024 is to eliminate GroupMe and get onto WhatsApp.

The next meeting will be two weeks from today, November 10.

Social on the 10th and business meeting one week later on the 17.

In-person will not be on Zoom.

Shane motions to adjourn the meeting.

The meeting ends at 8:46 p.m.