[Perform-Talk] Upcoming Membership Call with Jessica Victoria on Tuesday, May 8

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Thu May 10 00:51:06 UTC 2018

dear katalyn,

thanks for sending out this information about last night's conference
call/membership call. unfortunately, I couldn't participate due to
personal issues and also illness too so, i'm sorry for that... as for
the events for the division for convention it all sounds cool!  I look
forward to hearing all of the upcoming events for the division. as for
getting a recording of this call which was brocasted on 195theglobe I
look forward to getting a copy of it myself too!

as to ideas for the calls I don't know on that I will have to think
about it and, I will let you all know soon. thanks again and, I will
talk to you all soon!

hugs always,
amy

On 5/9/18, Katelyn MacIntyre <katelynmacmusic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Amy and all,
> Thank you to everyone who was on our fantastic membership call tonight! To
> those who weren’t able to make it, have no fear. Our friends at 195 the
> Globe we’re hopefully able to procure a recording, and we will share the
> link to that when it is available. Jessica Victoria was able to share some
> wonderful information, and we took some  great questions.
> As for information about convention, we will be giving more details about
> dates and times and specifics in the coming weeks. However, we did announce
> that we will be doing the following this year at convention:
> Business meeting: elections and improv workshop
> Dance workshops: salsa and tango
> Showcase of talent
> Again, we will be posting more information about these events soon.
> We do hope to continue more of these membership calls throughout the year,
> and we welcome your suggestions for discussion topics and special guests.
> Please feel free to email ideas to nfbpad at gmail.com. You can also stay
> up-to-date on our division through our Twitter and Facebook: @NFB_PAD on
> Twitter and www.facebook.com/PerformingArtsDivision .
> Thank you all!
>
> Warmest regards,
>
> ~Katelyn MacIntyre, M.M.
> www.katelynmac.com
> www.facebook.com/KatelynMacMusic
> @KatelynMacMusic
> Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division
>
>> On May 4, 2018, at 3:22 PM, Amy Sabo <amieelsabo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hello katalyn,
>>
>> thanks for advertising this membership call that the division is going
>> to do on Tuesday night! I will try to attend it if possible.. but, as
>> to the events I would like to find out what is going to be done at
>> convention this summer at convention if people are able to come or not
>> so, they can know what's going on with the division! when are the
>> events for the division going to be presented will it be before the
>> presentation of Jessica or afterwards?  if I miss these updates can
>> you please post them to the list?  also, this is a awesome way that
>> the division is finally having membership calls in this advenue and,
>> that they will be announced on this list! I hope that is considered in
>> the near future for different discussions and membership calls too!
>> thanks again and, I will talk to you soon!
>>

>> hugs,
>> amy
>>
>>> On 5/4/18, Katelyn MacIntyre via Perform-talk <perform-talk at nfbnet.org>
>>> wrote:
>>> Hello all!
>>>
>>> Please join the National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts
>>> Division
>>> for a membership call featuring our special guest Jessica Victoria,
> [...]
>>> Aransay
>>> and "Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen" from Die Zauberflöte in a
>>> concert series with the Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra under the
>>> direction
>>> of Julien Benichou. Her opera roles include Violetta with Bel Cantanti
>>> Opera
>>> Company and the Queen of the Night with The Catholic University of
>>> America.
>>> Jessica Victoria has also performed a wide variety of solo recitals that
>>> have featured music ranging from traditional spirituals and Gaelic songs
>>> works in Catalan, Basque, Quechua and Ladino. Many of her programs tell
>>> stories through music and narrative, bringing the audience into the
>>> beauty
>>> of the experience.
>>>
>>> In January of 2012, Jessica Victoria made her New York debut at Carnegie
>>> Hall’s Weill Recital Hall as a first prize winner of the Barry Alexander
>>> International Vocal Competition. She was the 2013 winner of University
>>> of
>>> Toledo’s Art Song Festival Competition and presented a recital in that
>>> year’s festival. In 2014, she won second prize in the Concorso Lirico
>>> Internazionale "Jole de Maria" in Monterotondo, Italy. In 2016, Jessica
>>> was
>>> a winner of Pittsburgh Concert Society’s Major Artist Auditions and a
>>> semifinalist in the Concert Artist Guild Competition. In 2017, she won
>>> second prize in the National Federation of Music Clubs Young Artist
>>> Competition and third prize in the Concurso Internacional de Canto Lirico
>>> in
>>> Trujillo, Peru. Among other performances, Jessica has appeared as
>>> soprano
>>> soloist with Concert Artists of Baltimore, with the New Mexico
>>> Philharmonic
>>> Orchestra, at the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s 2012 Mid-Atlantic Congress,
>>> in
>>> a world premiere of Joseph Santo’s Vîsperas de la Santa Cruz, in Jordan
>>> Hall
>>> and King’s Chapel in Boston, and with Maestro Angelo Zanin in Seren del
>>> Grappa, Italy. She also received the honor of singing for His Holiness
>>> John
>>> Paul II during a private audience.
>>>
>>> Jessica Victoria holds a doctorate in musical arts from The Catholic
>>> University of America where she studied with Sharon Christman, a master
>>> of
>>> music in vocal performance from New England Conservatory of Music where
>>> she
>>> studied with Patricia Craig, and bachelors’ degrees in music and foreign
>>> languages from the University of New Mexico, where she studied with
>>> Leslie
>>> Umphrey.
>>>
>>> Second only to Jessica Victoria’s love of performing is her love of
>>> teaching. She has taught voice in the United States, Italy, and the
>>> United
>>> Kingdom. She has taught as a guest artist at the University of New
>>> Mexico,
>>> and has given lectures on topics in music history and philosophy at New
>>> England Conservatory and Franciscan University of Steubenville. In 2010,
>>> she
>>> was invited to present her paper “Music: the Herald of Love” at a
>>> conference
>>> sponsored by the Dietrich von Hildebrand Legacy Project in collaboration
>>> with the School of Philosophy of the Pontifical University of the Holy
>>> Cross
>>> in Rome, Italy. In 2016, she was invited to present her paper
>>> “Encountering
>>> Love through Beauty: Dietrich von Hildebrand and Ludwig van Beethoven on
>>> The
>>> Nature of Love” at the 17th Annual Fall Conference of the Notre Dame
>>> Center
>>> for Ethics and Culture at the University of Notre Dame. Currently,