[Perform-Talk] An Experimental Way To Interact During Our Last Summer Night Show On The Djd Invasion Tonight

David Dunphy discoduck221 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 15:43:24 UTC 2018

Hi there,
You have been cordially invited to help The Djd Invasion show on 195
The Globe with an experiment, while having a fun upbeat Friday night
party at the same time!
During most of my shows, I’ve invited people to join in on Teamtalk.
This requires installing extra software, configuring it to connect,
etc.
While this generally isn’t an issue many have had trouble with, I
understand the need to try to create a situation where people have
multiple ways to interact with me on the air that don’t require
jumping through too many hoops to come hang out.
Enter in the zoom cloud meetings platform!
At least for tonight’s show, this will be our innovative experimental
way of hanging out, while listening to cool music, making requests and
interacting with listeners.
Through this platform, you can use a simple link to launch in your
browser the Zoom manager to simply come in and join the fun.
Optionally, you can download the zoom client for windows at
http://www.195theglobe.com/zoom.msi
or download zoom in the google play or apple store.
Then all you have to do is install the app, click on the below link and join in.
But if using a telephone is more your thing, you can call in, too!
Call in info is below as well.

This could be a total flop, but we’re going to try it, and you’ve been
invited to be part of The Djd Invasion’s Last Night Of Summer Party,
going from 8 PM eastern (7 PM central, 6 PM mountain, 5 PM pacific, 4
PM Alaskan, and 3 PM Hawaiian) to midnight!
Of course, if you’re one of those who likes to come to a party and
stay late, you can join 15 minutes prior to the start of the show, but
you’re welcome to join any time during the party!
Expect to hear some fun upbeat music, and of course, your requests,
which you’ll be able to make, starting at 6 PM eastern at the usual
request link of
http://www.195theglobe.com/dunphy
And of course, listening is the same, too. You can tune in at
http://www.195theglobe.com/index.php/about
search for 195 The Globe on Tunein on the tunein.com site, or using
the tunein mobile app for google or android
or ask google or alexa to play 195 The Globe on Tunein
Now, the info for joining us in zoom is below. Note that when you
connect, you will be muted by default. This is in case we’re talking
about something on a voice break or someone else is speaking, new
people who are just joining in don’t interrupt what’s being said. But
no worries, you’ll be unmutet ASAP, and you’ll be given a cue so that
you can say hello.
Now with that in mind, here’s how you can interact live with me and
others during the show:

To join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android, click the below link:
https://zoom.us/j/7278964448

Or iPhone one-tap can be used for apple users to instantly launch the
call using your mobile device:

    US: +16468769923,,7278964448#  or
+16699006833,,7278964448#
You can also dial in using your telephone. Since telephone quality
isn’t the best, you can use a phone number based on your location in
the world to get the highest quality that a telephone will allow.
Use one of the following numbers to dial in from the US. To avoid
confusion, pick one that’s easiest for you.
US:
+1 646 876 9923
Or
+1 669 900 6833
Or
+1 408 638 0968
When asked for your meeting ID, regardless of which US number you
choose, dial in:
727 896 4448
If you’re calling us from outside the US, we’ve got you covered there
too. Use this link to find an international number that will best work
for your location:
https://zoom.us/u/aYJ0Py3c
and again, when asked for your ID, dial in
727 896 4448
Regardless of how you join us, I’ll hope you’ll help us in giving this
zoom experiment a try. Because if you like it, I can use this method
of allowing listeners to join the fun each week, it’s up to you.
I hope you’ll interact, request away, and tune in for some Friday
night fun. I look forward to seeing you later!
All the best,
David Dunphy