[Perform-Talk] Lift Your Spirits And Party Into The Weekend With Tonight's Djd Invasion

David Dunphy discoduck221 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:55:21 UTC 2018

Hello To All!
For those who may have tried checking out The Djd Invasion and joining
our zoom room last week, I want to apologize. I ran into a technical
hickup with my broadcast software, and had to get a fillin host last
minute. This will not happen tonight, so you're invited to our Lift Up
Your Spirits Friday night party on The Djd Invasion, exclusively on
195 The Globe, starting at 8 PM eastern (7 PM central, 6 mountain, 5
pacific, 4 Alaskan, and 3 Hawaiian) and going for four hours.
As we were going to try doing last week, we're going to allow
listeners who want to come on the show to interact to talk with us
using the zoom cloud meetings platform, since it requires very little
configuration or setup to get going, and it allows for people to use
their computers, mobile devices, or lan line phones to call in.
Teamtalk does work, but this might be a better way for people to more
easily become involved with the show, since it requires very few steps
to get connected to say hello. We're going to find out tonight!
Through this platform, you can use a simple link to launch in your
browser the Zoom manager to simply come in and join the fun.
Optionally, you can download the zoom client for windows at
http://www.195theglobe.com/zoom.msi
or download zoom in the google play or apple store.
Then all you have to do is install the app, click on the below link and join in.
But if using a telephone is more your thing, you can call in, too!
Call in info is below as well.
But the music will be fun and upbeat, covering various genres of
music, and your requests will be included throughout the night, so
read below for listening and joining in to say hey.
While the fun will start at 8 PM eastern, with the ability to start
searching my music library two hours prior for your favorite songs,
you're welcome to join the party on zoom 15 minutes prior to the start
of the show.
Regardless of when you decide to join us, you’re welcome to join any
time during the party!
Expect to hear some fun upbeat music, and of course, your requests,
which you’ll be able to make, starting at 6 PM eastern at the usual
request link of
http://www.195theglobe.com/dunphy
And of course, listening is the same, too. You can tune in at
http://www.195theglobe.com/index.php/about
search for 195 The Globe on Tunein on the tunein.com site, or using
the tunein mobile app for google or android
or ask google or alexa to play 195 The Globe on Tunein
Or, alternatively, you can put the following into your media player of choice:
http://listen.195theglobe.com:8009/stream
Now, the info for joining us in zoom is below. Note that when you
connect, you will be muted by default. This is in case we’re talking
about something on a voice break or someone else is speaking, new
people who are just joining in don’t interrupt what’s being said. But
no worries, you’ll be unmutet ASAP, and you’ll be given a cue so that
you can say hello. You should know, too, that you’ll be able to hear
the music when we’re not on a voice break, right in the meeting.
Now with that in mind, here’s how you can interact live with me and
others during the show:

To join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android, click the below link:
https://zoom.us/j/7278964448
starting from 7:45 PM eastern til show's end.
Or iPhone one-tap can be used for apple users to instantly launch the
call using your mobile device:

    US: +16468769923,,7278964448#  or
+16699006833,,7278964448#
You can also dial in using your telephone. Since telephone quality
isn’t the best, you can use a phone number based on your location in
the world to get the highest quality that a telephone will allow.
To dial in using your telephone, call
+1 408 638 0968
When asked for your meeting ID, dial in the words PartyNight, which in digits is
727 896 4448
If you’re calling us from outside the US, we’ve got you covered there
too. Use this link to find an international number that will best work
for your location:
https://zoom.us/u/aYJ0Py3c
and again, when asked for your ID, dial in
727 896 4448
Regardless of how you join us, I’ll hope you’ll help us in giving this
zoom experiment a try. Because if you like it, I can use this method
of allowing listeners to join the fun each week, it’s up to you.
I hope you’ll interact, request away, and tune in for some Friday
night fun. I look forward to seeing you later!
All the best,
David Dunphy