[Perform-Talk] Newbie blind guitarist

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 23:53:15 UTC 2022

Hi Daryl.  Glad that you are learning guitar.  You are going about
learning chords the correct way.  I don't use tabs, I just listen by
ear.  Most of the music I play is traditional country, bluegrass, and
gospel.  Keep practicing as much as you can.  You want your first
guitar to be cheap, but also good enough to stay in tune and have
fairly good sound.  For me, anything between $200, and $300 would be
good.  I wouldn't recommend brands like Luna.  Luna guitars are cheap,
but don't sound all that good.  The guitar you are waiting on, did you
have a chance to play it?  Also, have you heard someone else play it
as well?  When I decided to purchase my martin d18, I both played it
and listened to others play it as well.  Good luck.  If you live in
the United States, maybe you and I could talk via phone.

--
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson