[Perform-Talk] Editable backing tracks

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 8 16:43:46 UTC 2023

Dear Fellow Artists,

                Please let me begin by asking anyone who has an issue with
slow internet transfer speeds that are exasperated by sending attachments,
please let me know and I will upload files to my Drop Box and send them.
It's just easier to attach. If this is an issue for even one person, I do
not want anyone to curse me! (smile)

                In a previous message I mentioned using an online resource
that allows you to edit a backing track to suit your performance and/or
practice sessions. I wanted to share a little more about this resource and
give you an actual example of how I am using them.

Using karaoke-version.com, you can browse through an incredible selection of
full cover versions of a particular song, artist, genre, etc. Each selection
is recorded by real musicians and available in multi track recordings.
Before you download the version you want, you can modify the tracks to suit
your use. For instance, you can mute a specific part, such as the lead
vocals, the rhythm guitar, the drums, or backing vocals. You can also make a
specific track louder or softer. The fee for the service is $2.99 per song,
not per download. You can edit the tracks as many times as you wish after
purchasing the song. Let me explain the two tracks I have attached just for
illustration purposes.

                I have three different versions of the accompaniment track
to Peace Train by Cat Stevens, though I only can attach two due to file size
restrictions. The one labeled "full accompaniment" is just that, including
the lead vocals. The one labeled "Marion practice track is one of the edits
in which I muted the lead vocals and turn the lead guitar part up a bit so I
can play along with it for rehearsal. The Third track I did not attach is
the actual backing track I will use when I do my recording. It has the
vocals and the lead guitar muted, as those are the parts I will record. If
anyone wants to hear this version, send me a message off-list so we don't
clog up Perform-talk! My email address is below my signature.

                I hope this information is helpful and look forward to
hearing what might come out of it!

Happy New Year!

Marion Gwizdala

Marion & Martin

SwampFox1833 at verizon.net <mailto:SwampFox1833 at verizon.net>

In order to demonstrate this, I have attached two  Before you download the
backing track, you have the ability to edit it by modifying the tracks you
wish. You can mute theYou can listen to samples of the track before you
purchase it, though I must admit I have challenges toggling off the playback
so I can hear the page links to navigate; however, this is the only drawback
I have found! Once you choose the