[Pibe-division] personal question about my eye condition Sara Rooz

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:42:38 UTC 2011

Hi, I/ve liketo post a [personal question to this list. I am a blind teacher of the visually impaired and blind currently serving 14 students at a non-public school providing vision education services. I havve a personal question I would like to post to this list. My blindness was caused retinoptthy oof prematurity. I infrequently experience galucoma. I used to use a great doctor but thos opthalmologist only deals with pediatrics. Due to medical emergency, it was suggested to see an opthalmologist at the eye and ear infirmary. Anyone know about this hospital"? Another profeessional who works with adults suggested seeing an opthalmologist at Helen Keller Services for the Blind in downtowbn brooklyn. However, no one seems to answers calls there. I am just wondering what people feelaabout low vision clinics versus using opthalmologists in hospital settings. Thanks for any response people have to share. Ithink I will keep my appointment at this doctor at the hospital, since my opthalmologist suggested it. But I am still wondering what is the difference of care in low vision clinics and hospitals. I also cannot help that I will have service my students on another day of the week. Thanks for any responses. Just  to note, I don't share a lot personal information, but since I am a professional in the field I felt comfortable asking other professionals.
Sara Rooz TVI in NYC