[Pibe-division] explanation teaching vi student student who had additionall disabilities independent living skills besides rationale ECC when writing annual progressreport to CSE

Sara Rooz sararooz at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:07:21 UTC 2011

Hi fellow TVIs:
I ateaching a student independent living skills. The student is visually impaired and has additional disabilities; the student is nonverbal and nonambulatory; the student has very good receptive language skills and benefigs from guidance physically hand-over-hand and gask analyysis to teach the current skills. My questions is that I will be writing an annual progress report about this student and plan to include that the expanded core curriculum includes teaching visually impaired studentw with additional disabilities independent living skills. The CSe may ascounter that the classroom teacher can teach skills of activities of daily living. How do I counteract this rebutal in my annual progress report. Inf anyyone can provide me with how to justify my teaching this skills besides the expanded core curriculum please inform me how to write this annual progress report. I plan to finish all progress reports over the weekend for all my students.The student's parent is extremely involved in this child's education and is happy with the skills I am working with the child. I do try to inform the parent of this student progress over the phone when possible.
Sincerely,
Sara Rooz TVI in NyYC
Independent Related service provider vision education services Thanks again for any suggestions.